Please read this information!
Please visit our Contact Us page for our address, phone number and e-mail address.
Persons or Parties Covered
Viewing, Use and/or Communication
You browse the site anonymously. We do not require you to identify yourself or reveal any Personal Information while browsing through the site.
While you are browsing through the site, the site's Web server may automatically record some general information ("General Information") about your visit such as:
- the date and time you visit the site, along with the address of the previous site your were visiting, if you linked to us from another site
- the Internet domain for your Internet service provider, such as "company.com" or "service.ca" and the IP address of the computer accessing the website, such as "ppp-55". Our Web server automatically recognizes only the consumer's domain name, but not the e-mail address (where possible).
- the type of browser you are using (such as "Netscape version x" or "Internet Explorer version x")
- the type of operating system you are using (such as Macintosh, Unix, or Windows)
- the web pages that you visit on our Site
The General Information is not Personal Information. The site tracking system does not record personal information about individuals or link this information to any Personal Information.
The General Information is used by Keashly.ca Consulting for statistical analysis, for tracking overall traffic patterns on the site, to gauge the public interest in Keashly.ca Consulting and the site and to help us make our site more useful to visitors.
The information we collect is used for internal review and is then discarded.
Upon request, we do not provide site visitors with access to information that we have collected about them or their visit.
Personally Identifiable Information
We use the term "personally identifiable information" to mean any information that could reasonably be used to identify you, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any combination of information that could be used to identify you.
Information Voluntarily Provided by You
This site collects voluntary information from you through surveys, e-mails, and any comments posted on social media pages hosted by this website (such as blogs, forums or wikis). All such information, including comments, forum posts and e-mails sent by you to this site will contain personally identifiable information.
The most common types of information we collect include things like: user-names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, blogs, photos, forum posts, forum comments, content you direct us to make available on our site (such as item descriptions) and web analytics data.
Visitor Email and Forum Inquiries
Site visitors who communicate with the site do so under two conditions:
- they give permission for contact by the site
How we collect personal information
- We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the sites.
- We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete a store registration, submit feedback, post on our forum, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
Personal information we collect about you from others
- Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, on occasion, we also collect certain categories of personal information about you from other sources. In particular:
- third party service providers (like Google, Facebook) who are located in the US, which may provide information about you when you link, connect, or login to your account with the third party provider and they send us information such as your registration and profile from that service. The information varies and is controlled by that service provider or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service provider;
How we use personal information
- We will use your personal information:
- To fulfil a contact request
- Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests include:
- operating the sites;
- providing you with services described on the sites;
- verifying your identity when you sign in to our sites;
- responding to support forum posts;
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the sites and services we provide;
- monitoring activity on the Sites, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the sites;
- managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your queries submitted to us on the sites;
- For purposes which are required by law.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
When we disclose your personal information
- We will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information (as set out above), in particular: website hosting providers which are located in the US; technical and customer support services which are located in Canada; marketing and analytics services which are located in the US; security and fraud prevention services which are located in the US. Noting that our subcontractors and services providers may also transfer and access such information from other countries in which they have operations.
- our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.) which are located in Canada;
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
- a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
- a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
- a rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
- other recipients where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
Where we transfer and/or store your personal information
- We are based in Canada so your data will be processed in Canada and the US. Some of the recipients we have described in section 5 above, and to whom we disclose your personal information, are based outside Canada in the US. We do this on the basis of your consent to this policy. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
How we keep your personal information secure
- We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication and data encryption where appropriate.
How long we keep your personal information
To learn how to control cookie use and delete cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
When you visit our Sites, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account, for example the following kinds of details:
- your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
- the domain name you requested;
- the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
- the date and time of your visit to the website;
- the length of your session;
- the pages which you have accessed;
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
- the website which referred you to our Sites; and
- the operating system which your computer uses.
Information about children
- This site is not suitable for children under the age of 16 years, so if you are under 16 we ask that you do not use our sites or give us your personal information (if you are a young tech wiz, please direct your nearest responsible adult to use the sites for you!). If you are from 16 to 18 years, you can browse the sites but you’ll need the supervision of a parent or guardian to become a registered user. It’s the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s use of our Sites.
Information you make public or give to others
Disclosure of Information to Outside Parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
With respect to Ad Servers: We do partner with Google Adsense. We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
External Links and Affiliated sites
The site contains links to other websites for the benefit of its visitors. Keashly.ca Consulting makes no representations or warranties about any other site or material that you may access through links on the site. The presence of links to non-Keashly.ca Consulting sites does not imply that Keashly.ca Consulting endorses or accepts responsibility for the content or use of such sites.
Please note that all content on the site is provided on a "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. You acknowledge that Keashly.ca Consulting does not represent or warrant that the site will be accessible without interruption or that the site or the server that makes the site available are free from errors, defects, design flaws or omissions or from viruses or other harmful components. Keashly.ca Consulting does not warrant the accuracy, integrity or completeness of the content provided in the item, including any advice or other similar information obtained by you from us or through the site. Keashly.ca Consulting does not make any representation that the content provided is applicable or appropriate for use in locations outside of British Columbia.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will use for these new purposes only data collected from the time of the policy change forward .
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the addresses or phone number.
This policy is effective January 30, 2010 last update May 21, 2018.
This policy and the use of this site are governed by Canadian law.
This statement and policies outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.